A day at the office.

Say whatever you like.
Storm

A day at the office.

Post by Storm »

I've been working in Germany this week. I'm used to a relaxed, fun and motivated working atmosphere. Here they do things differently.

CGI tried telling us how to dress:
Dress Code

Hi guys,

as we have a lot of new team members in the eGarage we would like to refresh a basic thing: dress code.

As members of CGI, we have a common baseline to meet (abridgement from CGI homepage):

As a representative of CGI, you must maintain the highest standards of dress and personal appearance. When you are working at a client’s site, you should dress similarly to the senior management of that office. When you are working in our own offices, business attire is desirable, although business casual attire is acceptable. When dressing up for work, keep in mind that you are representing CGI and always ask yourself if you would feel comfortably dressed to meet clients without notice. Note that beach-like sandals, denim, shorts, tee-shirts, other collarless shirts, and any shirts with slogans are never permitted while you are working at CGI.

As we have a special situation in the eGarage where we are in a client’s office which is more or less this is our own office, we would like to adapt this:

Generally at from Monday to Thursday:

–> business casual - this means no blue jeans, no T-shirts, however also not necessarily suit and tie.

Generally at Friday:

–> casual - this means any jeans, T-Shirt, Sweater are OK assuming clean and proper

Sprint Planning (typically a Monday):

–> casual - this means any jeans, T-Shirt, Sweater are OK assuming clean and proper

Sprint Review (typically a Friday):

–> business casual - this means no blue jeans, no T-shirts, however also not necessarily suit and tie.

Client Meeting & Interviews

–> Business attire - this means suit (must have) and tie (desireable)

Of course this is a general guideline. In case you have e.g. a client meeting on a Friday, you will have to adapt this.

I hope this helps you to select the appropriate attire ;-)

Best regards,

Tim.
This is how we responded: http://www.marbles.nl/LBi-dresscode/dress.html

Man. My job rocks. ^^

Nezzy!

Re: A day at the office.

Post by Nezzy! »

ROFL OWNED :D
Nez.

Swift

Post by Swift »

haha nice job ! :D
have fun in germany !

CarniWhore
Site Admin

Post by CarniWhore »

That's lol, congrats :D

Oglab

Post by Oglab »

Awesome! Hope it works out :)

Arutha

Post by Arutha »

Hm...
Indeed we have come a long way from donning us in rags, ravaging the Eden2-lands wielding blades.
Still, conformity gains substantial ground as our age progresses.
Should we progress in this manner, come age 40 I view us battling in royal attire.

Not a gloomy prospect..

Nezzy!

Post by Nezzy! »

Arutha :O Heyyyyy :D
Nez.

Storm

Post by Storm »

Well. I wouldn't mind wearing a good suit to work now or then. But for my tall and dashing appearance, I need a suit that's cut to size. I don't fit in any of the regular sizes. When I have a suit that's tall enough, it bulges in the middle, because most men don't have my athletic figure. And when I get a suit that fits around my slim, toned waist, the arms are invariably short. And my muscular shoulders will burst the seams.

I guess having the body of an underwear model has it's drawbacks. As does being a genius. But I learn to live with those limitations. :)

pizlo

Post by pizlo »

Storm there's no girls here reading this, you can tone it down :P

CarniWhore
Site Admin

Post by CarniWhore »

Storm wrote:Well. I wouldn't mind wearing a good suit to work now or then. But for my tall and dashing appearance, I need a suit that's cut to size. I don't fit in any of the regular sizes. When I have a suit that's tall enough, it bulges in the middle, because most men don't have my athletic figure. And when I get a suit that fits around my slim, toned waist, the arms are invariably short. And my muscular shoulders will burst the seams.

I guess having the body of an underwear model has it's drawbacks. As does being a genius. But I learn to live with those limitations. :)
I bet you also find that hats are way too small for you also?