New Mod - Quake

Say whatever you like.
Riddick

New Mod - Quake

Post by Riddick »

Hey friends,

may you try out the new Quake mod (Playable at the Newerth fly higher server) and give some feedback ?

Would be nice!!

Thx :)

Nanaa

Re: New Mod - Quake

Post by Nanaa »

Are you developing this too? I know Quota and Crashday are

I gave some feedpack to Quota last night on the server itself. In my opion gravity is too weak, i.e. you can make unnecessary high rocket jumps. Humans seem to have advantage over beasts because coil has faster fire rate than tempest and also it has zoom too. On the other hand, the 2nd slot weapon weapon, which is used for pushing targets, is better with beasts because surge's range is longer than flux'. Since that secondary weapon isn't that useful it's not balanced out. Launcher and fireball are pretty much the same but they have unnecessary fast fire rate. You need to rocket jump just every now and then.

I also requested Quota to develop a CTF (capture the flag) mode for this Quake mod. It really needs objective oriented maps.

valli
Site Admin

Post by valli »

Played a bit with Quota today and he changed gravity and jumping to what I expected from it (actually geting pulled down faster).

I have to really aggree with Nanaa on this. It is unbalanced and I would expect a h vs h or b vs b version of it, or to adjust the weappons to each other. Or to balance it more with the different weappons :)

Riddick

Post by Riddick »

No im not one of the dev-team, but i will help them a bit ;)