Keeping it cool

Say whatever you like.
jazzking

Keeping it cool

Post by jazzking »

Hey all, since I got back to US I've been getting more worked up about the things people say on the US server to me, it's certainly more aggravating than on EU. I used to think I was real chill and well liked but maybe as I've improved people got more provocative. It's nothing to do with ref since I'm not ref in US.

I'm just writing here to get some ideas for staying calm and not caring about what people say. Legacy told me about using /ignoreall and /unignore , I was thinking about making an effort not to respond to people getting a rise out of me.

BTW I'm still looking for duels, especially on UK at evening times EU.

Power Hermit

Re: Keeping it cool

Post by Power Hermit »

When I came back for one match, someone immediately called me Power Dick. Honestly, just ignore them - either by yourself, or via game commands. I know it sounds silly and it's something every adult seems to say, when it makes no sense to you because you still get angry, but don't feed the troll. Also, when things get out of hand, you can most likely get a ref to do something, or so I guess. It's inappropriate behavior and disturbs the community. Who cares about being a tattle? We all want to have fun.

MNI-Suoma

Post by MNI-Suoma »

Power Dick is not an insult, it's a compliment. Everyone secretly wishes they had one. The people who get angry at you, usually do that because they die. You're just that good. They can't accept that and start flaming and raging. It's just their way of saying "damn u good man".

AFAIK you can also type /ignore MNI and press tab and enter to make me shut my mouth, you don't have to ignore everyone.

I love dueling, but have a busy schelude nowadays. Every now and then, maybe 5 times a month I play a match or two, if I see you jazzking I can challenge you! :)

valli
Site Admin

Post by valli »

Make a duck smilie, send them some hearts, be proud they try to troll you. You are one of the persons which they actually know. :) Do not let them into your head, and if they still accomplish that; Then take a short break, some deep breaths, think about one of the places you like most, which makes you feel comfortable (i.e. think about how it looks, how it smells, tastes, and if possible how it feels if you touch something there). When you are that place start relaxing and take the positive energy you get at that place with you. :)

Nanaa

Post by Nanaa »

Shagroth has a classy way of handling trolls. He types such witty comebacks that I've seen trolls become silent for several minutes and then left him alone the rest of the night :-D

LazyFly

Post by LazyFly »

You have a different attitude as ref toward other players then if you're playing as equal.
I know from experience as ref you try to listen to everyone, here out criticism, talk through things with people, etc.
You don't use /ignore incase that person is disrupting the server and you need to mute them.
Although im not sure, its very possible you still have this kinda attitude after coming back from eu ref, and of course you're a nice guy and you care what people think...
I've found so many people are out to make you feel bad, ether they're bored, or they just dont care, whatever... People aren't nice, period.
So try this, you're good, everyone knows it, f*ck the haters, just trust and RELAX in the fact that you are good and just don't let it get to you.
People call me names and say i have no skill all the time, I've been told otherwise by people who are actually respected, and so i just ignore the haters, or agree with them in fun, they dont normally expect that and it puts them off guard.
Don't give them a reaction, don't even waste your time with a reply if you can help it. they'll get bored and move on to someone else sooner or later.

peace.