Re: A clean slate.

Post by Nezzy! »

No Smilies :((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((
I am now depressed.
Nez.

Storm

Post by Storm »

You can still make smilies with brackets and all that. It'll put hair on your chest.

Thollmigul

Post by Thollmigul »

Look, as I respect your choice about smileys and avatars. I expect the same thing from you.
Simply, make an option so you can disable them for yourself. But please do not decide things for everyone.
While you were trying to make forum more "simple" you just messed up everything already. So it was really unnecessary.
Our forum was simple enough.

I don't care about smileys but I like to use avatars and I'm not going to change my mind. Also, I think there could be a voting about it. I hate monarchy and I don't think we got lovers of it here!

Storm

Post by Storm »

I will respectfully not take your opinion seriously. :)

And I will not allow the polution of our webby with cheesy smilies and crappy avatars. Each and every forum breaks about a million copyright because of that... And since I've put up our smilies, I've seen dozens of people using them as icons... Bah.

Sign your posts with some ASCII art, if you must.
We do things differenly here.

Ps. You're just jealous that you're only the Republic of Turkey. Instead of a Kingdom. But who am I to judge the way Turkey is governed. Wait, I know... Perhaps you can try to join the EU! Oh wait, you did... and... oh no... you were declined because of your crappy governance... Let's see. What were the issues... Human rights? Democracy? Open disputes? Wait, it was all of them. ^_^

We, on the other hand, have a proud history of consititional monarchism. I love it. ;)

Storm

Post by Storm »

Pps. I don't care how many people think smilies are cool... They're not. Period. :P

SAS

Post by SAS »

barney, even if storm pays for the website, which i'm not sure about it, it isn't much.
storm, u need to put smileys like on the msn, not strange-moving smileys, simple the old-basic-great old smileys as the msn got. that will also make it more friendly to ppl to read, when they see some smileys on the message and not just huge-message black and white.
about the whole idea of the new forum. as a player in h vs h says: whatever.

barney_3d

Post by barney_3d »

the forum crashing was a good thing, we can now make things the way they can be without much hassle, there is an idea box so pop ideas in and I am sure Storm will look at them :)

as for the smilies...

Storm

Post by Storm »

Real men use old-skool smilies. Ancient runes, consisting of nothing but standard ASCII characters. It is a proud tradition, directly descended from the time we drew figures on rockfaces in caverns.

barney_3d

Post by barney_3d »

Storm wrote:Real men use old-skool smilies. Ancient runes, consisting of nothing but standard ASCII characters. It is a proud tradition, directly descended from the time we drew figures on rockfaces in caverns.
I need a new monitor now :( :( I tried to chisel some art into it....

Storm

Post by Storm »

Chiseling came much later. I use organic paint. It's based on a mixture of iron-rich clay, lime and water. Just like in the old days. Way before the chisel. It can easily be erased with the skin of dead mammals.

Also makes an absolutely fabulous facial peel. ;)