A clean slate.

Say whatever you like.
Storm

A clean slate.

Post by Storm »

Well... I guess things got a bit messed up concerning our old data. Perhaps it can still be salvaged in part, but it appears the most recent back-up is missing half it's tables. Nothing to be done about it. Probably caused by an SQL error.

Anyway. In the meantime. Feel free to sign up again. ;)

SAS

Re: A clean slate.

Post by SAS »

stupid.

Storm

Post by Storm »

Now now...

We have healthy database records from October 20th. But the last backup didn't go right. However, there's several issues with just placing back the data, and until they are resolved, I'm not going to do them.

So cheer up. We still have 95% of the old data. We'll see if we can restore some of the old information. But the rest of the pages still need to be done. We need some more styling, as I like to work from bottom-up, starting with a clean simple layout.

Look. White Wolves is more than just a forum. It's an idea. Ideas don't die. All you need to do for now is sign up again.

barney_3d

Post by barney_3d »

[quote="SAS"]stupid.[/quote]
just remember that storm is providing us with this forum and the servers and we have all of this for free.

CarniWhore
Site Admin

Post by CarniWhore »

I've been looking at what we can do with the backup from October. It's just about impossible to merge parts of a forum database into a new one due to table references. What I can do is create a copy of the forum for reference if that's of any use.

barney_3d

Post by barney_3d »

maybe put it in an archive section?

Nezzy!

Post by Nezzy! »

argghhhh OMg :( it was so cofuddling seeing the site down :( anyway yes new slate . Let The fun begin!

Thollmigul

Post by Thollmigul »

WOW
COOL

Storm

Post by Storm »

It's only a forum. A simple tool for communication. The bells & whistles can come later.

pizlo

Post by pizlo »

I see it more as a standing record of who were are and what we were, so an archive would be nice.