Riddles

A remarkable place where wolves and their cubs play together. Visitors welcome!
legacy

Re: Riddles

Post by legacy »

There are 10 war-criminals that were caught. The people who had them hostage made a deal with them. The war-criminals were to be put in a single file line, one behind another. Then the people who had them hostage would put a hat on each of the men. The hat was either green or blue, and the prisoner would have to guess the color of his hat. If he got it right, he would be free to go. But if he got it wrong, he would be killed right there.

Now after having told the men this, the people who had them hostage put them all in a room together for 20 minutes and let them talk about what to do. All 10 men agree that they should do whatever possible to save as many lives as possible.

Once they're lined up, they can't talk, or cough or do anything like that. The only noise allowed is saying what color you think your hat is.
Also, you can see everyone in front of you.The man at the back of the line, number 10, can see every ones hat but his own, and the guy in the front of the line, number 1, can't see anyone elses hat. Number 5 would be able to see the 5 people in front of him, etc.

One of the people was definitely able to save 9 lives, and there was a 50 50 chance that all 10 would be saved.

How did they do this?

Nanaa

Post by Nanaa »

They'd start answering from the end of the line. First one answering would have 50/50 chance of guessing right since noone can see his hat. But before his guess he'd check the person in front of him and if the person had green hat, he'd say his guess yelling and if the person had blue hat, he would say his guess with normal speaking voice. :o

Rumo

Post by Rumo »

Professor Nanaa! :quack:
A basket contains 9 apples. Do you know how to divide them among 9 kids so that each one has an apple and one apple stays in the basket?

legacy

Post by legacy »

Nanaa wrote:They'd start answering from the end of the line. First one answering would have 50/50 chance of guessing right since noone can see his hat. But before his guess he'd check the person in front of him and if the person had green hat, he'd say his guess yelling and if the person had blue hat, he would say his guess with normal speaking voice. :o
yep :(

legacy

Post by legacy »

Rumo wrote:Professor Nanaa! :quack:
A basket contains 9 apples. Do you know how to divide them among 9 kids so that each one has an apple and one apple stays in the basket?
You give 8 of the kids each one apple, then you give the last kid the basket with one apple left in it :)

Pool Junior

Post by Pool Junior »

OK, easy one :

3 cats, catch 3 micein 3 minutes, how many cats for 60 mice in 60 minutes?

Still easy : A dad and his son had a car accident: the daddy dies and the son is badly injured and taken to the hospital; the doctor come and says : i can't operate this kid he's my child. Who's the doc?

Lil bit harder : Complete this equation with a symbol : IX=6

Have fun ;)

legacy

Post by legacy »

Pool Junior wrote:OK, easy one :

60?
Pool Junior wrote: Still easy : A dad and his son had a car accident: the daddy dies and the son is badly injured and taken to the hospital; the doctor come and says : i can't operate this kid he's my child. Who's the doc?
his mom

legacy

Post by legacy »

Pool Junior wrote: Lil bit harder : Complete this equation with a symbol : IX=6
VI or sIX

Power Hermit

Post by Power Hermit »

I'd guess 3 minutes, since each one of them seems to have taken 3 minutes for one.

legacy

Post by legacy »

Power Hermit wrote:

I'd guess 3 minutes, since each one of them seems to have taken 3 minutes for one.
Yea thats what i thought at first but then he said how many CATS for 60 mice in 60 minutes, he already specified the time taken.